Thursday, August 24, 2006

Sometimes its not easy to tell what the letters are in the wavywords. Here's a case where the last letter could have been either a t or an r. As you can see there can be a completely different meaning if you get it wrong. But the relationship to the subject of the blog can usually help.

tuktkmwr = “My gosh its sure cold out here.”
tuktkmwt = “You did what? Thank goodness for versed!”

Sometimes its quite easy to see the meaning.

czypb = In an author’s mind this is the sound made when the book’s cover designer cuts off the main character’s head or just his/her face.

Sometimes the sender jams a lot of words into just one wavy word.

sfwbcf = Acronymn meaning “Serious folk with books come forth!”

And sometimes its almost as if the sender emphathizes with your feelings.

luxyfug = The feeling we all get when we realize we don't have the luxury of enough time to read all the blogs we'd like to.

4 Comments:

Blogger Booklogged said...

Sitting here all by myself (*HAPPY SIGH*)and laughing right out loud! I hate those wavywords, but they keep nasty spam comments off. Or so I've been told. But how does THAT work?

I guess the good side to wavy words is that it prompted you to come up with such clever and funny definitions.

Then I read no ideas' comments and laughed again. I wonder who that could be? No ideas?

Thursday, August 24, 2006 7:24:00 PM  
Blogger Framed said...

I would like to decipher the meaning of the wavy word that pertains to this particular blog, but it is missing. But I do agree that there might be something more to it. Let me know when you find out. I'm leaving it in your capable hands.

Friday, August 25, 2006 8:29:00 PM  
Blogger Myke Weber said...

Darn, (sfwbcf) and all this time I thought it meant Silly Female with Bobber, Can't Fish.

I like pronoucing the Wavy Words
like the one I'll have to type to post this bit of nonsense - kyuvy.

Monday, August 28, 2006 8:15:00 PM  
Blogger ReveryWings said...

Thats just another of the kyuvy things about all this Myke. The pronounciation is fun but I see it as a far greater challenge than the meaning.

Another is that like in our english dictionary the words often have more than one meaning. You mentioned sfwbcf and what you thought it meant. The fact that you do a great deal of reading is very evident here because the 6th meaning of sfwbcf is in fact the precise meaning you cite.

Well I'm kxcck!

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 10:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home